Friday, August 26, 2011

RACING CANCELLED

Racing has been cancelled Saturday and Sunday, August 27 and 28, due to Hurricane Irene. It is the first time that racing at Monmouth has been cancelled by a hurricane since Bertha in 1996. The racing days will be made up later in the meeting and the stakes races will be redrawn for next weekend.

It appears that racing will continue at Saratoga with the Travers Day card on Saturday. I am looking forward to the King's Bishop, who did race in the Haskell. Uncle Mo returns in the seven furlong grade one stake. I hope Uncle Mo wins. Racing needs his star power and I am a fan of Todd Pletcher.

I will probably post a 50¢ Pick 4 play for the $1,000,000 guaranteed late pick 4 (races 9-12) for Travers Day.

If you didn't get to read the excellent article about Pletcher in last Sunday's New York Times, search it out at nyt.com. It is worth reading.

Also, I reviewed Six Weeks in Saratoga, How Three-Year-Old Filly Rachel Alexandra Beat the Boys and Became Horse of the Year for my blog on HorseRacingNation.com. I met the author, Brendan O'Meara at Monmouth Park on Haskell Day. I enjoyed the book as much as I enjoyed talking with him. Check out my review at HorseRacingNation.com and buy O'Meara's book!



No comments:

Post a Comment