Friday, May 13, 2011

Opening Day at Monmouth Park


I love Monmouth Park, and tomorrow is Opening Day of the 2011 racing season. I love Opening Day because racing is back at the Jersey Shore and as a teacher the school year is coming to a close.


In the beginning of a Monmouth Park meeting it is important to err on the side of caution because, unlike other tracks, horses come from all over the country. On the first card there are horses whose last starts came at 10 different tracks. In the first two legs of the pick 5, two horses that I have included on tickets have not started since 2009. The second choice in race 10, the Decathlon, has not run since March 13, 2010.

So, my Pick 5 Picks are cautious and low budget. Top choices will cost you only $3. With one backup, the tickets total $19. For $64, I put all choices together in one “caveman” ticket. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment