Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 15 - Saturday, June 18, 2011 - Some Place Pick 6 Theory

Wow, I am still upset about yesterday's Pick 6. We just missed a really good pay day. My belief with the Place Pick 6 is that you can only make the ticket but so big because you can easily pick 6 and have a losing payout. Success hinges on catching an exacta and/or sharing the place spot with some longshots. Both of those happened for us yesterday, but we blanked on the first leg. We hit two exactas and had a 9-1 horse share the place spots with a big longshot. Once again, I say arghhh!

Anyway, onward and upward with the Saturday card, which includes a race 8 that is about as wide open as any race I have ever seen. The $65K conditional claimer/NW3 is scheduled as a route on the turf. Because of the nature of the card the 50¢ Place Pick 6 ticket is taking on an unusual shape with 3 singles and 3 wide spreads: 8 with 3,4,5,8 with 3 with 3 with 1,4,5,8,9,11 with 2,3,6. That has a cost of $36.

The 50¢ Pick 5 ticket will have a similar shape, starting with 2 singles and then 3 spread races. I have a busy Saturday, so I will not be able to post scratches, so be sure to check them to see how the tickets may be changed.

GOOD LUCK!

UPDATE - 10:10pm - With the scratch of the #3 in race 6 both of our plays in the Pick 5 and Pick 6 were wiped out. Sorry, I couldn't get revised plays posted. I hope some of you made some winning changes. There were 2 exactas in the Place Pick 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment