Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 22 - Sunday, July 3, 2011

I can not believe that the turf races are still on the grass. It is still raining at Monmouth at 12:15 pm. So, if the races come off the turf prior to race 4, then all bets are off. In the 50¢ Place Pick 6, it will be a $36 play: 2,3 with 2 with 2,3,8 with 4,8 with 4,8 with 1,3,5. I know in the last leg I have picked 3 of the 4 horses, but I want to catch an exacta in there if possible.

The "22" photo is Ashley Battle, one of my favorite women's basketball players, when she was with the NY Liberty, and today race 10 is the Miss Liberty Stakes. So, a little extra luck maybe.

6:15pm-update-I was correct about a couple of things. The races did come off the turf and that eliminated our play with the first leg having been carded for the turf. Also using 3 horses in the last leg did get an exacta, so we could have had two winning tickets. We did hit a couple of the races with the other horse being at big odds. Once again the Place Pick 6 paid over $100 for a 50¢ wager.

Day 23 is tomorrow, the 4th of July. I am guessing that there will be no turf racing, as the rain has lingered much longer than was expected. A wet main track would be good for our friend Pinelands Pete, who is entered in the 7th race.

TWITTER @AndyScoggin and @HR_Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment