Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 23 - Monday - The Fourth of July, 2011

Track is already fast at Monmouth. It is going to hazy, hot, and humid in NJ today. Race 6 is a super tough race, where the smart thing to do would be to hit the "all" button because only a couple of them have any significant turf form and I don't like them. The rest can run but have not tried the grass. So, if we can survive race 6 then maybe we have a chance. In the 50¢ Place Pick 6 here is our $36 play: 2,4,6 with 1, 4, 9 with 2,7 with 8 with 1,9 with 1,3.

Here is the 50¢ Pick 5 with the same concern about race 6, the first leg, so I offer you two options. The first uses only 2 horses in the first leg and the second option spreads over 5 in that race.
Today we call on another of my UConn favorites for good luck on Day 23, Miss Maya Moore. The greatest of all Huskies!

update - 4 out of 6 in the Pick 6. In the Pick 5, I must admit that when I got to the track and found out the front runners were having a hard time that I tweeked my ticket in the second leg by switching the 5 in for the 6. This got me alive to our three horses to hit a payoff of $520, $590, or $1,200. Nothing more exciting then be alive to the last leg. How frustrating then, that the 1 and 8 finished second and third to the front running 16-1 sprinter who was left to lope along by the other speed horses. They all expected that horse to come back to them, but after a 1:14 beginning it did not happen. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! Arrrrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment